A must-have for anyone who loves to cook, this all-purpose chef’s knife by Shun Premier comes in handy for a variety of food-prepping tasks. Use it to chop, slice, dice, and more–everything from carrots and potatoes for a savory stew, green peppers and onions for a homemade pizza to fruit for a summer salad. The knife features a large 8-inch blade with a slight curve that facilitates smooth rocking back and forth when cutting, and its large surface area allows for scooping and transporting ingredients from the cutting board. Durably constructed from layered Damascus steel, the knife’s blade comes with a hand-hammered finish that not only adds intriguing visual appeal, but that also creates a hollow-ground surface, which reduces knife-drag when cutting and prevents food from sticking to the blade. The knife also comes equipped with a premium Pakkawood handle in a walnut finish, which offers a comfortable, secure grip. As a sleek and stylish finishing touch, Shun embossed its logo on the endcap of the knife’s handle. The high-quality knife can safely go in the dishwasher, but for best results, washing it by hand and letting it air dry is recommended. The 8-inch chef’s knife measures 13-1/5 by 4/5 by 1-4/5 inches and carries a limited lifetime warranty.
- 8-Inch chef’s knife; the perfect all-purpose knife for chopping and slicing both meats and vegetables
- Features layered Damascus steel with a striking, hand-hammered finish (known as ‘Tsuchime’ in Japanese)
- Hand-hammered finish reduces drag when cutting, keeping foods from sticking to the knife blade
- Premium pakkawood handle nestles comfortably into the curves of the palm and allows for a variety of comfortable and secure grips
- Dishwasher safe; hand washing and air drying recommended; limited lifetime warranty